12/22/09

I apologise for the documentation quality on these, but I have no money to get professional documentation, and no time to rent out lights at OCAD and haul them down to the studio to document these. For my final thesis at the end of the year, I will professionally document those, but for now this is all I can put up (something is better then nothing).



gold gel, ink, marker, paint on mylar
this is an experimentation of medium. I was testing out the effects of having different mediums on mylar.


THE HEART OF HUMANITY
ink on mylar

This piece is about the contrast between our advanced yet infantile technologies; we have learned so much yet we still know so little. I'm showing the imagery of diesel technologies to show that while we have created miraculous technology, we are still plagued by the consequences of this crude form of converting energy.



CLOSE AND AFAR
gold gel, ink on mylar
Inspired by medieval graphic design and art aesthetic, this piece is about our nature in contemporary society to reveal more and more information about ourselves, to be more interconnected, yet to be paradoxically further apart, communicating separately through technologies.
Since the Mylar is partially transparent, the writing on the wall underneath shows through. I used 3 coats of gesso on the wall yet it was still visible (it was actually the cleanest wall in thesis.... dirty place haha

DETAIL OF ABOVE PIECE

No comments:

Post a Comment